Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wedding Photographer? Check!

image

My greatest contribution to our upcoming wedding has been choosing our photographer. And this was no easy decision – I toiled through dozens of portfolios – until I found Benjamin.

He’s a phenomenal wedding photographer, a photojournalist and even a celebrity portraiture artist: From Kobe Bryant, Beck and Woody Allen, to Molly Shannon, Selma Blair and Chelsea Handler. Not to mention shooting for National Geographic, Business Week and the Los Angeles Times.

But his wedding photos are even more stunning. I didn’t know the exact traits I wanted in a wedding photographer, but I knew what I didn’t want: fake, cheesey posed shots or cliché traditional close-ups. After the countless websites and portfolio’s I’d seen, I began to give up hope and narrowed down a small list that I would consider settling on.

But then, thank god, there came Ben’s wedding portfolio. (His wedding portfolio is Flash, so no reposts here. But check out the site here.) Here’s a screenshot of his homepage.

image

What’s more, his personality meshed absolutely perfect with Holly’s and mine. He’s going to dive into our wedding with the same fervor as us, and even said he wished the wedding was sooner (he’s excited already).

Since I can’t copy any of his wedding stuff, I’ll share some of the other photos I found on his Facebook profile’s photo album:

image
Yeah. That’s Kobe Bryant!

image 
Host of E’s “Chelsea Lately” Chelsea Handler.

image 
And of course, Woody Allen!

2 Comments:

Me~Kelly said...

one of if not the most important part of the wedding, so congrats.
also make sure u have a few friends that know how to work the lens cuz your photographer or 2 can't be everywhere at once :)

Me~Kelly said...

oh and tape it. even if its not a pro, u may not care but i'm sure holly will want to sit and watch it for years to come