Friday, November 28, 2008

I smell roses … and No. 24 back in Seattle

Maybe I’m speaking a little premature, but the planets are starting to align in my nimble, fragile little sports world. I dare not jinx those which I treasure, but here is a quick rundown of what I expect to happen in the near future:

 OregonState1: Oregon State will beat Oregon in the Civil War on Saturday, and thus clinch a spot in the Rose Bowl, “the grandaddy of them all.” Not since the 34-7 raping that Michigan bequeathed upon the Beavers in 1965 has OSU even made it back!

 

Ken-Griffey-Jr-1995-ALCS-Winning-Ru2: The Seattle Mariners will pull their giant heads out of their giant  asses and do something to actually put fans back in the stands, not to mention replenish a childhood dream of mine put on hold for nearly a decade: Bring back GRIFFEY!. My favorite player – nay, human being – deserves to come home and finish his career the way it began. If not for the city of Seattle or for Griffey, himself, do it for me. And if I only knew website design and had a few extra bucks, I would already have launched the website “bringbackgriffey.com”.

Here are some Griffey favorites:

“The Double”
(The opening of the video is black, but it turns on at 9 seconds. The audio is something that haunts my dreams forever…)

 

Nike’s “Hit it Here” commercial

0 Comments: