Monday, November 17, 2008

Pauley Shore or Bust

Ever seen My New Haircut? Or Bro Rape? You know, those damn YouTube videos that the world constantly relates to yours truly? As much as I try to deny the stark comparisons, this afternoon I finally succumbed to that damn stereotype.

An inside joke to most yet humorous to many, I relentlessly mock those samethe-weasel individuals whilst muttering, “Totally righteous, bra!” or sometimes just, “Totally, like, for sure.”

Never serious, as the ingrates who speak like Pauly Shore should most definitely be shot. But after years of hilariously mimicking those SoCal surfer stoners, those yuppie east coast preps and the famous frat boy posers … I suddenly became one in a mere two syllables.

While purchasing a delectable, plastic-concealed treat from the gas station this evening, I concluded the transaction in a manner that flawlessly flowed from mouth without a second thought:

“Thanks, bra.”

Not, “Dude.” Not, “Man.” Not even, “Bro.”

Just: “Bra.”

Mother of all God. I might as well start wearing my visors backward and upside down.

0 Comments: