Sunday, June 14, 2009

Moving to Oregon

moving

It’s official, I’m moving back to the Beaver State in roughly three weeks, July 7 or 8, to be exact. I even put in my notice at The Boardwalk Marina the other day, telling my boss that July 4th would be my last day. I wanted to take the 4th off, as I’ve had to work every Independence Day when living in Coeur d’Alene since 2003, but I couldn’t pass on the biggest tips of the season. At least I don’t close this year, so I’ll be able to watch one of the country’s greatest fireworks displays from somewhere other than work. And trust me, that’s huge!

Nevertheless, after seeing Holly for the past few days (the first time since proposing to her on April 1st), I cannot wait to get there. We’ve got an apartment ready to move in on July 14, and we’ll only be a few minutes from downtown Portland, and more importantly, PGE Park – home of Portland Beavers AAA baseball.

So, stay tuned, the next few weeks will be busy as I prepare to move back to Oregon (again…) and look for a job. Wish me luck!

0 Comments: