Tuesday, June 9, 2009

iPhone vs Storm


Since Apple's Developer Conference has been on the news so much lately, it's hard to ignore how much better the iPhone is getting. I used to hate it. I hated the people that had it, I hated the stupid touch screen, and most of all I hated how I sucked at using it.

Thus, I got a Blackberry Storm. It had a steep learning curve, considering the only other Smart Phone I ever used was a Palm Treo (see right --> ). Needless to say, I was stoked. I loved my Storm. But I also hated it. I didn't know how much it would be like a computer -- a friggin' awesome computer, at that! But it started getting sketchy. Things would move slow, it would freeze up. I scoured the Blackberry Forums for answers, and it seemed the only way to fix my phone was by myself; Blackberry and Verizon kept saying, "just wait for the official update."

That got old. Meanwhile, RIM (Research In Motion, who makes Blackberry) was already working on the Storm 2, forgetting about me! So, as I was warming up to the possibility of an iPhone in my future, I changed my Storm to look like one.

Then Verizon released the official update that supposedly fixed all the bugs last month, so I was happy as a clam.

But back to Apple's World Wide Developer's Conference. When I first got the Storm, it was touted as the iPhone killer. Indeed, all the things it did that Apple's phone could not were great, but now the iPhone can copy & paste text and has a nicer camera than before. It didn't take long to fix what Blackberry denounced.

But the clincher? Seeing how every major journalist seemingly has an iPhone. I know we all bleed Apple when it comes to computers, but I never thought that phone would become so popular. And there is obviously a reason aside from being trendy.

I thought Verizon was the best and biggest network, but if AT&T's iPhone keeps updating itself and making cutsomers happy, I may just have to find a way to break my contract and switch to "More bars in more places."

0 Comments: