Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Crystal Ballroom

I’ve been racking my brain for ideas to design our Save the Dates for our wedding this summer, but alas, I’ve got designer’s block. Obviously, since I consider myself a pretty decent graphic designer, it makes sense that I want these to be the greatest thing I’ve ever designed; after all, you’re only supposed to get married once, right?

Well, I went down to the intersection by The Crystal Ballroom (where we’re getting married in June) to see if any good photos might lend their way into a design.

Not exactly. But I did snag a few pics I liked, although they’re far from ever making it onto my Save the Date.

IMG_6066The famous neon “Dance” sign adorning The Crystal Ballroom.


IMG_6087 Cars driving on the freeway underneath Burnside.

3 Comments:

Fawn said...

Cool Pix, buddy. Hey, I need your friends contact details so I can submit something...uh, dude from San fran. God, I'm lame. Talk to you soon and happy new year!
Much Love,
Fawn

Brittney said...

How about taking some photos of you and Holly out there to use for your save the dates (in the wedding blogging world called STDs.... childish, I know, but it cracks me up every time). Also, have you seen any video save the dates? Youtube them if you haven't, their pretty cool. =)

Jake Donahue said...

Fawn, I'm not sure about his e-mail address, but you're thinking of James Hannibal. His website is www.shootanyangle.com.

Brittney, check back soon to see what our STDs will look like... I think I might have done something pretty sweet!