Monday, January 4, 2010

Hot Dog Haiku – in print!

3641141133_28f59f775e 
Last summer I was enjoying three hotdogs from Gittel’s Grocery in Coeur d’Alene so much that I penned a haiku on the subject. Well, it seems I’m not the only fan of those famous franks: A writer for The Spokesman Review in Spokane, Wash., also shares the same love as I.

In fact, he recently wrote an article on the matter (see it here). Even better, he quoted my haiku:

Searching online for details about the subject, I came upon a blog post, written by former local resident Jake Donahue, in which he eloquently waxes poetic about the wonderful wieners at "the Biggest Little Store in Town." His haiku showcases the typical emotional and physiological response to this divine lunchtime tableau: "My mouth salivates/Three for a buck thirty-nine/Hot dogs are pure bliss."

How sweet it is!

0 Comments: