Sunday, January 17, 2010

Flickr, baby!

I just finally discovered the power of Flickr.

Oh, I’ve used it in the past for minor things such as sharing newspaper designs and photos from my Blackberry, but last night I spent hours on the site. Unfortunately, I need to upgrade to a Pro Account to utilize the site best, but that’s $25 a year.

What’s more, I already upgraded my Google Picasa account, so I am going to see how the sites compare in the near future before upgrading Flickr as well.

Nevertheless, playing with Flickr last night showed me some awesome advantages: Groups, comments, notes, etc. Right after uploading some pictures, there were instantly both views and comments.

Obviously, I was stoked.

The greatest advantage I discovered, however, was viewing other similar photographs. I ran a search for Portland and saw images I had already thought of taking, but now I know they’re possible. Surely I won’t match the professionalism (they used damn nice cameras), but I can surely imitate. Even better, hearing some of their comments about my own shots was sheer awesome.

But now that I know some sweet spots around Portland for good photos, I cannot wait to get back out there.

0 Comments: