Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Starscapes

I’ve been wanting to shoot some night photos lately, especially after seeing some of the most amazing photography I’ve ever witnessed.

Timescapes.org is friggin’ phenomenal! I could watch his videos for hours, even though he only has two.

Anyway, after researching quite a bit online how to do it the past week or so, I finally snapped my first shots of the stars. Since I’m in Coeur d’Alene, far away from the bright lights of Portland, the skies were much more clear. Even more so since I was out at my grandparents’ house in the woods:

star 
This one was only about a 30-second exposure, I think.

starstreak 
I left the shutter open for 17 minutes on this shot, that’s how the stars look like they’re streaking across the sky.

Both shots came from the back deck of my grandparents’ house. Tonight I’m going to try and tether my camera to my laptop and shoot a timelapse video. But who knows if it will actually work. At least I have fun trying!

0 Comments: