Friday, August 7, 2009

Got another job

Thanks to the temp service I signed up with right when I moved here, I finally landed a job that won’t end when I finish designing a book. What’s great about the position is that it’s part-time (20-30 hours per week) and I can essentially set my own schedule around other freelance design, writing or editing work. This is great, trust me.

Now, a little about the job: It’s through a company called Strands:

logo_blog

Their primary function is a website where runners, swimmers, bicyclists – essentially any athlete or fitness-oriented individual – can track progress across multiple spectrums: workouts, mileage, nutrition, you name it. What’s more, you can share all this information with others due the community-driven nature of the site. It’s much like Facebook and Twitter in that sense.

More to come later.

0 Comments: