Monday, August 31, 2009

Wrigley Field

IMG_4772

I was born and raised a Mariners fan, and Seattle will always be my hometown sports team. Safeco is my favorite field, no doubt, but loyalty none withstanding I have wanted to witness Wrigley since boyhood. The home of the Chicago Cubs is one of the greatest stadiums in American baseball, and, according to ESPN’s Jim Caple there are only “three places that are quintessentially American: Disneyland, the Yosemite Valley and Wrigley Field (preferably for a day game).

I plan on visiting Fenway Park (home of the Red Sox) before I die, and it hurts a little knowing I will never view a game at the original Yankee Stadium, but Wrigley Field is tops. And even from the Upper Deck, our seats were awesome.

Chicago Cubs
Six photos merged together from where we were sitting. It looks a lot further away in the photo because of the panoramic view, but these seats were great. And $40 for upper deck is pretty pricey, but well worth it!

IMG_4753
See, not that far away.

IMG_4757
Me, Eli and Nils.

IMG_4773
Pure bliss! The Cubs destroyed the Mets 11-4.

0 Comments: