Sunday, January 25, 2009

Coming up short…

I’ve been so very proud of the fact that even up here in the cold winter of Coeur d’Alene I’m still very able to wear shorts year-round. It’s not something that happens every day, but if I had my way I would wear flip flops, shorts and a short-sleeved polo as much as humanly possible.

Today, however, that all changed.

As the temperatures dropped to below zero with the wind-chill tonight, I was driving down the freeway – heater cranked at 90 – and freezing my leg hair off. Even with the heater blasting 100% on the floorboards to keep the blood in my lower appendages flowing, I was cold. God, I was freezing.

It’s only because yesterday the sun was shining. I looked outside and assumed it was warmer than 32. Hooray! That’s all I needed – I damn near threw on sandals. But after spending the night at a buddy’s house next to his heater, I was not prepared for the chilly onslaught that was today’s sudden cold freeze.

From now on, there will definitely be a pair of sweats in my car.

0 Comments: