Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama is my new hero…

…and only for two very specific reasons.

One: I knew this even during his campaign, and it almost convi nced me that I should get off my butt and vote (trust me, it would take a lot for that to happen!). He is very publicly against the Bowl Championship Series in college football in determining bf194245-obama-basketballthe Nation’s best football team. He wants a playoff as much as the nation. Who better to change that than the Commander-in-Chief!?

Two: According to SportsCenter’s EXREMELELY inauguration-related broadcast the other day, Mr. President will be installing a new fixture to the White House. I’m not sure if it will be indoors or out, but there will soon be a full-length basketball court at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C..

However, the only thing that perturbed me during ESPN’s coverage of the inauguration (yeah, I said that correct: ESPN’s coverage of the inauguration), was the fact that ESPN covered the inauguration! I understand how prolific this whole ordeal is to the history of America. But I didn’t really want to know how many Washington Nationals baseball games it would take to equal the 1.9 million in attendance for Obama (with the Nat’s average crowd hitting nearly 24K, it would take 80 home games).

0 Comments: