Thursday, May 14, 2009

Final Sentinel … EVER

final Front

Well, after 35 issues spanning seven separate semesters at the greatest journalism college in the nation (concerning two-year schools, at least!), it’s finally over.

My only regret is that I didn’t care at all how the last issue transpired. Well, me not caring is not like somebody else just giving up. Instead of spending 80 hours in the newsroom for a production week, I only spent 40ish… Still more than most others, combined.

But I only penned one article and didn’t even write my final opinion. I guess this Blog is meeting that need: to say anything I want, whenever I want.

Anyway, I’ll reflect on Sentinel later. I’ve gotta get ready for Florida.

Oooh! I did get to do one thing I’ve wanted to do all year long, and it figures I had to wait until my last issue (and thank God that Nik took some photos good enough): Design a vertical newspaper page … wait for it … wait for it …. HORIZONTAL!

And, low and behold, it looks good! At least I think so:

09Mariners

0 Comments: