Monday, May 4, 2009

Losing Sucks! But we'll win again...

Well, it's not so much that Little League as an organization blows... just my league. And I only mean that the other teams are good - really good. So in all fairness, I should say that Cd'A L.L. friggin' rocks.


But I won't. 

You see, I find it quite interesting that while we're not in last place (just 4th place out of 5 teams), the wife of the coach from the first place team was the board member who picked our replacements when we lost two kids. Hmmmmm..... Coincidence, then, that I was not given the players I requested? I seriously, seriously doubt it, for I was given players far from the realm of whom I expected.

However, the players I actually was given are not untalented; they could be studs in the majors if worked with harder than I have so far. One will become a great catcher, the other can smack the ball. I only wonder how much better of a team we'd be, had I gotten the players requested. And this point in the season, I wouldn't trade any kid for anybody. We have the talent to beat ANY team in this league, and aside from a few errors and bad pitches, we can hang with any team in any game. 

We play the first place Tigers on Wednesday. And I'm starting our ace pitcher against them, hoping he will throw another gem. If we only give up a few runs, I say we have a serious chance at them.

And all wee need is one big win to transform the mindset of this team. Then it's a whole new season.

0 Comments: