Thursday, May 21, 2009

Welcome to Poynter

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, but the past week has been insanely busy. From our first night together with dinner and drinks (and drinks… and drinks… and more drinks), where I somehow got a guy from Philly to buy the 8 of us all drinks, to now, it’s been a great trip overall. Professional training, indeed! These people are literally at the forefront of the business.

Seriously, I’ve already met one of my favorite professional designers and favorite writers, not to mention the multi-media editor from the NY Times (click here. trust me. just do it! oh, and also click here! truuuust me! friggin' amazing!!).

Needless to say, I really am the only kid from a two-year school:

JD-NIC

But I do think that even though some in attendance are incredibly more talented than others, we’re all here to learn and share. I think the networking may be as important as the training, if not more.

These kids here will be shaping the future of journalism, no doubt!

0 Comments: