Friday, September 4, 2009

Photo Editing

Holly Edit 2

Oh God.

I just discovered something that will probably have me obsessed with Photoshop a whole lot more. Whilst buried in a PS2 NCAA Football ’09 match, I half-heartedly typed “photo editing techniques” on Google to see what happened between plays.

Low and behold, a nice little video popped up. So I listened/watched a bit while reenacting the UO-BSU game (that’s a whole other can of worms) from last night on my TV.

After the game I decided to tinker.

Normally, all I do is adjust brightness/contrast and vibrancy, more often than not just over-saturating the image. But the video showed me a few more things to play with. I’m sure most photographers can whip through these settings like I do a beer, but it was still pretty sweet to do it myself.

Anyway, here are a few edits of my gorgeous fiancĂ©e from the Oregon Coast I did just a bit ago. The originals are on the left (obviously). I’m not sure if I like the “cinematic” black bars yet. I think they can grow on me, though. And I’m digging the vignette on the bottom edit.


Transformation

transform 2

0 Comments: