Monday, September 21, 2009

Spot The Pelican

Spot

Wow, it’s been a whole week since I’ve posted anything. That’s the longest layover in a while.

Anyway, remember that pelican from Florida? The pelican I dedicated my Poynter project to? Well, I finally got the project online at it's very own hosted domain name: www.SpotThePelican.info (.info was only $1 … opposed to $10 for .com).

So, without further ado, just click on the image above to view the Flash website I built. And be sure to click on the VIDEO tab once at the site to view my blood, sweat and tears from Florida (since I finished the video early, I then spent two days learning Flash CS4 to build a site to host it).

4 Comments:

andrew ford said...

Shit Jake. Nice freaking job. I'm not totally sold on the idea of "microsites" but you totally hit this one out of the park. Love it.

Andrew Ford

Jake Donahue said...

Thanks man. I'm not so sure how I feel about them either, but the only reason I made this was because I was learning how to use Flash... I can't believe how easy it was! Now all I want to do is make Flash websites since I don't know a thing about HTML.

Pelican Products said...

I think that was a great job at executing your first flash site. I can't say I have created one myself, but many friends of mine are web designers and even they are impressed with your site. Well done and it was a fabulous attempt at creating a site without knowing anything about HTML. At first glance it actually looks like a sponsored link or even like to a restaurant or corporate company. Very smooth and easy to navigate. Great Job.

Jake Donahue said...

Thanks! As soon as I get a new computer that can actually run Flash CS4, I'm going to be teaching myself nothing but Flash and HTML (thank you Lynda.com).

Thanks again for the comment, I'm curious how you even found my site?