Thursday, October 1, 2009

Portland Panoramic

Even though I’ve been sick the past two days, I had an urge to go downtown tonight. Since I finally found a perfect spot to snap a photo of Portland’s downtown skyline, I wanted to take another shot.

Here is what I got last time when I found a dock next to OMSI (after a pretty big edit, of course) when my sister and her boyfriend came to visit last week:
Portland Panorama

Here is tonight’s shot:
Portland1

Next time I hope to get to this spot earlier and stay longer. Of course, it will help to have a tripod and leave the shutter open longer when it’s dark, as that is the one photo I really want: Portland at night.

The only problem with this time of day is the large groups of people in row boats – apparently crew is quite large on the river. They ruined most of my photos today (not the one above, thankfully), so maybe next time I will try to make them look good in the frame.

We’ll see.

0 Comments: