Sunday, February 1, 2009

Best Sentinel issue ever? Perhaps…

No lie, this may be the most creatively diverse Sentinel issue I have ever been a part of. We’ve got awesome winter sports photos canceledfrom a certain Mr. Tim Sorenson (see skier on top of front page). Not to mention stellar opinion pieces (see mine on blogging), well-written news articles, impressive sports coverage (beating our rival men’s basketball team at home for only the second and third time in 5 years – by a 60-foot buzzer beater to win, no less!! – doesn’t hurt) and our newest editor is filling some pretty big shoes (after Eli bolted for India) quite simmingly.

Needless to say, having the biggest staff on record doesn’t hurt, either. But it takes a whole team of editors to pull this bad boy off, and the sky is literally the limit for this semester.

There were also some pretty sweetly design pages, if I do say so myself. Check 'em out.

I damn near guarantee the best 5 issues of The Sentinel (ever) will be produced between January and May 2009. Call me goofy, call me cocky, just don’t call me in the morning. I need some serious sleep after putting this bad boy together all weekend.

0 Comments: