Friday, April 17, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

(The time on this post is right… 3:30 a.m., I just got home from The Sentinel an hour ago).

Even though it’s a production weekend, and we all know how insanely time-consuming that is for my dedicated ass, I’ve also got a Little League doubleheader on Saturday. And I don’t exactly just show up to those: I spend hours toiling over line-ups and pitching matchups.

And oh yeah, I just got hit with an 8-page Tabloid special section I have to design with the paper, as well (of course, I love those things! They just take tons of time…).

But the cake-topper?

I have to be moved out of my house by Saturday! Not to mention re-paint the living room and kitchen.

But at least Sentinel is going great so far. We may very well have the best-designed paper of the year, as we’ve already got the best-looking opinion section to date: From an article comparing America to Soviet Russia to a Pro/Con about legalizing marijuana in California.

I even got a photo of mine in:

n19704808_34166768_1872 

It’s not a very special shot, but it’s kind of cool since I wasn’t even trying to make it a silhouette. What’s better, it’s my soon-to-be brother-in-law on the Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course last summer.

Anyway, the highlight (for me!) so far has to be my own article about wierd sex laws in America. The page I designed for it also contains a “Letter to the Editor” about Scott’s gay-bashing opinion from last issue.

Here is the page:

A8 Opinion

0 Comments: