Wednesday, April 1, 2009

She said yes!!

IMG_3662

The weather was less than crappy and the wind was intense, but I asked Holly to marry me this afternoon at Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast, next to the famous Haystack Rock, and she said yes!

Well, sort of…

She actually said, “OK,” instantly. But she was so speechless I actually asked her that for a few seconds I didn’t even get a response; I had to finally say, “So, is that a yes?”

Here’s the video of how it all happened (I edited it quickly on my laptop, as the wind and rain made it choppy and inaudible):

 

Here are some more photos from the drive over and home. Even though the rain and wind made the outdoors a not-so-inviting place to be, the day trip as a whole was fun overall. We had lunch at Mo’s and had a blast spending all day with each other:

IMG_3657Holly and I listened to the “Fight Club” book on tape – well, CD.

 

IMG_3658We were  stuck on Highway 26 with the car parked for 20 minutes while road crews cleaned logs off the road… See how much rain there is? It only got worse.

 

IMG_3660 Here is Haystack Rock from the scene of our proposal. I got lucky to not get any raindrops on the lens, but the wind almost blew me over.

 

IMG_3668 It’s a little bit blurry, but there is the ring on the future Holly Donahue’s finger.

0 Comments: