Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I just proposed to my girlfriend!!

As I’m writing this, Holly and I are getting ready for bed on Tuesday night (Blogger lets you postpone the time when a blog post will be posted). Anyways, if you look at the headline, then you guessed it: By this time today I have already proposed to my future wife, Holly Beth Spillman!

jakeholly

Well, if I say future, that would make her Holly Beth Donahue!!

We are planning on hitting Cannon Beach and walking down the sand whether it’s 60 degrees and sunny or 50 and rainy (which is the forecast so far), and she has NO IDEA as to what my intention is. Our favorite place is the coast, so I can only hope this was a good choice on my part. We have planned on hitting this spot for two months, no matter the weather, as I won’t be back in Oregon until probably July.

Here is the ring that her mom told me was Holly’s favorite (Holly let me know that sentiment as well, as I received numerous e-mails containing links to what she liked). I ordered it from Coeur d’Alene and had it shipped to my mother’s work in Eugene. According to her mom, Cathy (my amazing, awesome, favorite future Mother-in-Law!), Holly chose this ring for two distinct reasons: (1) It’s different and plain; and (2) Nobody else will have it.

holly ring 

Tonight we had dinner at my mom’s house in Junction City with my two youngest sisters, Abby and Audrey, and Audrey’s bitchin’ boyfriend, Aaron. They ALL knew. The ring was sitting in a box, inside another box, sitting next to Holly the whole night! Talk about elephant in the room, we all wanted to say something! What’s more, we watched home videos of my childhood (they all made fun of me) and relished in the pure amazingness that is my mother.

So, if you haven’t already received a text or phone call from either of us, stay tuned for the next post to see if she said yes (or, as I anticipate, how emphatic her “Yes!'” was).

Wish me luck!

0 Comments: