Monday, April 27, 2009

Guess who made the Uwire 100

uwire100Remember when I said I only had a few goals this school year? One of them was to win the Poynter Fellowship in St. Petersburg, Florida, next month. I figured that to be my most difficult challenge of the semester, but I found out last month I nailed it. Check one!

The second feat I wished to accomplish: Be named to the Uwire 100, their list of the top college journalists in the country.

After months of applying, sending in letters of recommendation and buffing up my portfolio, it looks like I nailed them both!

I found out on Friday I was selected apart of the Uwire 100. And although my fiancĂ©e doesn’t much like the picture they selected (I actually sent it in, as I seem to like it for some reason…), I am still flabbergasted at the simple fact I accomplished two goals I had set for myself.

Most goals in my life have involved personal feats on the softball diamond, coaching success in Little League and numerous beer pong tournaments. Academia? I used to scoff at the notion that I would ever transpire into much. Well, I guess I even proved myself wrong this year, and I’m never wrong.

0 Comments: