Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pointing to Poynter

Almost two months ago, I came up with two very farfetched goals: (1) Being named to the U-Wire top 100; and (2) Getting into the Poynter Fellowship in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The first goal I found much easier to accomplish, for they pick 100 collegiate journalist, as opposed to the Poynter, who only pick 40. I really only applied to Poynter just because the application process was not very intensive. As prestigious as the Poynter Institue is, I did not anticipate ever being accepted. Besides, the U-Wire 100 seemed like a lock.

Well, Holy Shit! Today is the final day for nominations to be submitted in support of me to the U-Wire 100. How ironic is it, then, that I WAS ACCEPTED INTO THE POYNTER FELLOWSHP TODAY?!?

Yes, me, hailing from a two-year school in North Idaho, will be rubbing elbows with 39 of the greatest college journalists in the country this May for two weeks in St. Petersburg, Florida!

Essentially, the Poynter Institute college fellowship is the greatest accomplishment of my entire life. As more details are brought to my attention concerning my two-week trip to Florida in two months, I will be sharing them all!

I am so friggin’ ecstatic it’s scaring me!

0 Comments: