Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

Since The Sentinel – and all things journalism-related, for that matter – are pretty much all I’m going to school for the rest of my final semester at NIC, Spring Break is really a lot longer for me than it would be for most others. Unfortunately for me, I’m still a little too obsessed to leave the newsroom for more than a few days at a time.

Well, that is about to change when I leave this Friday morning for Seattle to see my brother, his wife and their kids. More importantly, the Gonzaga game is Friday night at 6:57 p.m., so I will still be able to see their Sweet 16 matchup (rumors had swirled around my family that tipoff was set for 10 a.m. That would have put a dent in my traveling schedule, for sure!)

Needless to say, Go Zags!

They face No. 1-seed North Carolina, a school they beat at Madison Square Gonzaga_2Gardens a few years back when the Tarheels were ranked No. 1 in the nation. While coach Roy Williams’ team and most of the country look past this matchup toward that Championship game (against whom they all figure to be Memphis), hopefully Mark Few and the Bulldogs can catch UNC on their heels. Sure, Lawson is healthy and Hansbrough is but a man amongst boys, but Jeremy Pargo (click here to see his amazing dunk over Akron in the opening round) and the rest of the team are indeed a talented squad. Moreover, they are still the talk of the tournament after Goodsen’s game-winning layup to beat cinderella-to-be Western Kentucky on Saturday.

Nevertheless, I stray from my point: Spring Break!

So I’m headed to Seattle Friday morning, then driving to Portland Saturday afternoon to hang out with Holly’s mom and sister until my dear girlfriend gets off work. I’ll be in Portland from Saturday through the following Saturday, April 4th.

The highlight of my week (aside from seeing my nephews): The Oregon Coast, baby! Holly and I went to Newport with her mom and sister a few summers back, this was at the aquarium:

New Pics 015 

Since Holly has Tuesday/Wednesday off from her amazing Spa, we' get to spend at least a whole day at our favorite spot. I seriously have never had a greater day in my life than we spent a day hanging out in sand and saltwater.

And I can’t wait to get some more sweet pictures!

0 Comments: