Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moving home…

My entire life, as I moved from Seattle to Idaho to Oregon, back to Idaho and then back to Oregon, and then back to Idaho last year, I have only considered one house home: My grandparents’.

When we first moved from Seattle to Coeur d’Alene, my mom and sisters and I stayed with them for a month or two while we searched for our own house in Cd’A. Then when I moved up for the summer after Oregon State, I moved in with them permanently while attending NIC. Later, after a failed attempt at living with my then-girlfriend, I moved back.

Well, as my lease runs up on my current apartment and money is tighter than my old Griffey jerseys, I’M MOVING BACK IN!

And this time I am seriously stoked for the idea. Firstly, I’m bringing my best friend (my grandpa has NEVER had grub from a gas BBQ). This bad boy is my most prized possession, and I would kill for it:

bbq 

Secondly, I my grandma is essentially my best friend. I talk to her almost daily, and between her and my grandpa, I have learned more than all my years at school. What’s more, she is also VERY amazing at helping me budget and save my money. Thirdly, both of them are AMAZING cooks. My grandpa, in particular, is an exceptional baker, and has made the greatest piece of bread ever to graze my carb-hungry palate. So, by living with him daily, I will undoubtedly learn how to create my own carbohydrate creations.

Not only that, I simply love living in the woods out of town, less than a mile from the shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. When it snows 4-inches in town, they get over a foot; when it’s 100-degrees on the lake, their tree-filled acreage keeps the house cooler. Summer or Winter, it’s a win-win.

But like I said, living in the woods is pure nirvana. Here are some snapshots from their property, from summer sunsets to the creek, a moose in the backyard to my grandpa’s old (like 1940s old!) tractor:

The following photos were taken all from within 2 or 3 minutes of their front door (I’ve probably posted them all at one point or another, but just to give you an idea of how awesome the location of their house is):

DSC02848 

lakecda[5]

IMG_2988[3]

Yeah, I guess you could say I’m sitting pretty. Moreover, since I’ll be moving to Oregon this summer with to be with my wondrous girlfriend, I’m really glad to spend my remaining time in Coeur d’Alene with two of the closest people in my life.

0 Comments: