Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back in Oregon … for good

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I finally finished my hellish U-haul trailer move back to the Hippy state today. After driving to Coeur d’Alene last Wednesday for what looked to be a three-day pack, clean and move, today I made it back to Holly and our new apartment a week late.

Yeah, a week.

It started with a snafu concerning my drivers license and an online fee I owed to Boise DMV (long story, more later). Throw in a botched paycheck followed by no U-haul trailers available in Coeur d’Alene, and my final move was failing miserably.

Finally, though, a trailer popped up at the last minute just 20 minutes north of Cd’A in Rathdrum. I had to wait 2 hours, and then another 30 minutes after showing up (the girl working had to call her dad from home to come load the trailer). After accidentally backing up too far and into the trailer, we spent another 20 minutes getting the hitch to lock – in the 95 degree heat.

Finally, I was ready; it was time to go load this bad boy. As I pulled away from the parking lot, I hopped out one last time to check the trailer and hitch. Then the only thing that could possibly cap off a day like this would be to lock my keys in the Jeep…

Holy God, I jinxed myself without even knowing it. As I shut the door to the RUNNING Jeep, it somehow automatically locked. Sweet. Perfect. But, of course.

Thankfully, Rathdrum Police fixed the scenario in under 20 minutes for free!

And thus, this morning I ventured southwest toward The Rose City and my fiancée:

IMG_4304Parked along the Columbia River to take a photo of the wind mills.


IMG_4302 I’ve been meaning to stop and shoot these things for a long time. They’re friggin’ HUGE! Each spoke off the fan has to be hauled by an extra-long semi truck.


IMG_4315 The viewpoint over the Columbia River.


Columbia Panoramic shot of the Columbia from the viewpoint above. Six shots merged together made this little beauty. (Click on it to see it larger)


IMG_4320 It was insanely hot!

0 Comments: