Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Car

It seems like just yesterday I was writing “Ode to Yoda.” Well, perhaps it’s time to start penning “Ode to Buick.”

You see, I just drove my new car for the first time today, and holy hell was it nice: a 2006 Jeep Laredo that I am buying from the future mother-in-law.

Here’s a pic the new rig:

jeep

Now, only one thing concerns me: it’s a 4-wheel-drive V8. Yeah, V8. No wonder it jumped when I pounded the gas pedal to begin, there’s a damn beast inside this thing! Anyway, aside from a few less MPG, I’m actually stoked for the extra power: I was swerving through traffic with ease on my way out of Eugene (all legally, of course). And the 4x4? I can’t wait for snow this winter! Portland may not get much, but I’m going to rally the hell out of it.

What’s more, I’ve always wanted an SUV, so now looks to be better than ever since I’m moving to a new city, looking for a new job – I might as well enjoy a new car. Especially a car I’ve always admired, I mean, who doesn’t like Jeep?

See you on (and off) the road.

0 Comments: