Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You’ve got to be kidding me

Seriously? Did my car’s thermometer really read 105 yesterday? Really? I thought I moved from the hotter part of the Inland Northwest in Coeur d’Alene to a more temperate climate near the ocean. Oh, how I was sorely mistaken. This heat wave is kicking my ass!

Looking back, I’m trying to wonder how I gave up this:

Coeur d’Alene
Cd'a

For this:

Oregonportland

If it’s not the hippies, it’s the heat. Holy mother of God it’s been hotter than hell down here, and the 101-degree highs for today are actually the cooler parts of this week, believe it or not. Yesterday’s high of 105 set an All-time record for that day in Portland’s weather-tracking history!

I gain solace in but one factor: My lovely fiancée. She’s the one who keeps fans in the right spots throughout our apartment and always shows up with a much-needed cool towel.

As for now, I think I may just go marinade in the hot tub. And by hot tub, I mean our pool, which must be boiling after all this brutal heat!

0 Comments: