Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First attempt at Fireworks

I always dreamed of taking a great photo of the fireworks during the 4th of July in Coeur d’Alene. So, it was with a heavy heart that I worked at the Boardwalk Marina up until the show started. No lie, we undoubtedly have one of the greatest views for the show, as we sit upon the Marina store’s roof and get to hear the boom three times: once from the actual explosion and twice from the echo off the Resort and then Tubbs Hill.

A fitting final day of work? I could not be happier, even if I wanted to be partying it up and trying to get an even better view.

But there I was on the roof (with friends from Oregon, no less, who just happened to call earlier!), camera in hand but sans a tripod. Needless to say, you surely need one to make these look good. And while I tried setting the camera on a steady surface (the roof was angled poorly and my knee kept shaking), of 40 tries this was by far the only one that turned out – somewhat, to say the least.

I guess I’ll have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to get my dream shot (or close to it … ), as that’s when the BIG fireworks go off thanks to Mr. Hagadone during the Lighting Ceremony.

fireworks2

0 Comments: