Saturday, July 11, 2009

Coldplay Concert Rocked

IMG_0411
Last night Holly took me to Coldplay’s stop in Clark County on their “Viva la Vida” tour. I may have only been to three concerts before this – The Killers (they sucked), Blue Man Group (is that really even a concert?) and Jack Johnson at the Gorge (way rad) – but this was easily the best outdoor event I had ever witnessed.

Standing next to my fiancée as it got dark while watching one of our favorite bands was pretty much as good as summer gets. Then I had to go and ruin it on the drive home with a speeding ticket just before our exit (76 mph in a 55… ouch).

Anyway, we took some cool photos and videos (even with my cheap, small digital point-and-shoot that I had to sneak in the venue):

IMG_0425 During “Yellow,” there were huge balloons everywhere. When they popped, yellow confetti exploded every which way.

IMG_0418 Chris Martin and his guitarist at the far left of the stage. I still don’t know how they look so clear in this picture, the shutter was on 1/8!

IMG_0444 We were pretty lucky. Twice during the show Coldplay ran into the audience to smaller stages in the crowd to sing two songs. In this picture, they ran into the grassy area behind us (we had seats) to sing, and the crowd went nuts. Aside from a “cell phone wave,” they also sang “Billie Jean.”

And here’s a video of them singing “Viva la Vida.” This was right after Chris Martin sang a solo in the crowd, so he had to sprint back to the main stage to get ready for this AWSOME song. He was obviously winded as the song began.

0 Comments: