Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mineral Ridge

Before leaving Coeur d’Alene, I wanted nothing more than to hike Mineral Ridge in Beauty Bay. Somehow I just knew that had to be the best spot in North Idaho to see a sunset.
And I was right.
I called my buddy, the photo God nicknamed James Hannibal, to hike up with me. Neither of us had been there in nearly 10 years, so it was a bit of a shock when we saw the sign reading: “3.3 Miles.” Nevertheless, him in boots and I my flip-flops, we side0hilled the majority of it to get to a hidden spot in perfect position.
I can’t wait to see his photos, as he’s got the professional Nikon. But mine came out great, also:
IMG_4177

IMG_4205

Then we stopped in Wolf Lodge on the way back into town to snap a few more. I’m starting to dig shooting through the side mirror on the Jeep, so maybe I’ll try this more often.

IMG_4260



IMG_4267

1 Comment:

Me~Kelly said...

amazing pictures, the side mirror one is my fave