Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coeur d’Alene or Bust

It was my final trip back to Coeur d’Alene while still a resident of North Idaho, so I took my time driving from Portland toward Canada. I stopped at Multnomah Falls again (see below, compared to last year), although I think I like the photo from last year better.

Multnomah
Driving the new Jeep was also pretty much awesome; it was so incredibly smooth and very nice to sit in for over six hours, I must admit that even with an average gas mileage of just under 18 miles-per-gallon, it was well worth the added comfort.

Here is Mt. Hood (I think…) from my side mirror as I drove along the Columbia River:

IMG_4139
Following that, I was incredibly interested in how things looked through the side mirror (almost too interested, as I hit the rumble strip along the side of the freeway once or twice whilst gazing behind). I couldn’t believe how clear things were, but what caught me the most was looking at a picture-in-a-picture; I will definitely try more of these:

IMG_4141

So, even though it was hot, and I turned the AC off while climbing up the hills, the warm breeze wasn’t all bad. I IMG_4150couldn’t open the sunroom since it was mid-day and I feared burning my ears and arms, but the trip overall was quite pleasant. I seem to like driving long distances alone much better than previous endeavors, except when I want to show someone a mini-tornado – I guess the next best thing is simply to snap a photo so people don’t think I’m a lunatic. Right behind a tractor, there swirled one of the biggest dirt twisters I’ve seen in a long time:

IMG_4158

0 Comments: